Friday, December 25, 2009

A fantastical christmas - My best of sci-fi or fantasy for 2009

Merry and Happy if christmas is your thing. All the whiteness in the midwest of the U.S. has been transformed to wetness, so it looks as though Santa had to use a boat rather than a sled last night. I've finished my third Ward Just novel of the year, The Translator an excellent book, but I think I will hold off writing about it until tomorrow and continue my listmaking instead. On next to the fantasy/science fiction category, a sparsely represented category for 2009. I only read three titles this year:

American Gods - Neil Gaiman
Anansi Boys - Neil Gaiman
The Good Fairies of New York - Martin Millar

I can't say I was wild about any of these but if pressed for my favorite I would choose Anansi Boys because it was the most amusing of the three. I'm a bigger fan of Gaiman's work for younger audiences like Coraline and The Graveyard Book than I am of his work for adult readers, but Anansi Boys was involving and entertaining.

A fantastical christmas to all, and to all a good read.

No comments: