Saturday, September 26, 2009

A meme, if you need a little distraction and, evidently, I do...

How on earth did this evolve? This is sooooo random. Thanks Matt.

1. Do you like blue cheese? Yumm. Especially with figs and a great white wine.

2. Have you ever been drunk? Are you kidding? Um, yes.

3. Do you own a gun? No. But I've fired a rifle so stay clear.

4. What flavor of Kool Aid was your favorite? Probably grape, but I don't really remember, the very though now is disgusting.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Yes.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? To be honest I don't think of them at all. Weisswurst, knockwurst and bratwurst I enjoy on occasion.

7. Favorite Christmas movie? I don't go back to traditional favorites at Christmas or most other times. If I have free time I tend to watch something new.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Tea.

9. Can you do push ups? Yes, but not very well.

10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? I don't wear any unless a shirt requires cufflinks.

11. Favorite hobby? This is a book blog, any guesses?

12. Do you have A.D.D.? Diagnosed, no. But I am a multitasker.

13. What’s your favorite shoe? I have two feet, it would be more practical to have favorite shoeS.

14. Middle name? Not saying, I don't like sharing personal information on the internet.

15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? 1) How old is the person who wrote this? 2)I really should be reading three articles related to my research. 3)This is really good tea.

16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Tea, coffee, wine.

17. Current worry? My exams.

18. Current hate right now? Housework, especially laundry, and middle age spread.

19. Dum da dum dummmm what is that? That's the theme from Dragnet, isn't it?

20. How did you bring in the new year? We had a marvelous party, as Noel Coward would have said.

21. Where would you like to go? Portugal, France, Quebec, and Vancouver.

22. Name three people who will complete this? You know who you are.

23. Do you own slippers? Birkenstocks.

24. What color shirt are you wearing right now? Olive.

25. Do you like sleeping on Satin sheets? Not really, I have to keep picking myself off the floor when I slide out of bed.

26. Can you whistle? Yup.

27. Favorite color? Purple.

28. Would you be a pirate? Under what circumstances - who's offering what? Speak to my agent.

29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Usually classical stuff I have floating through my head - Verdi's Requium, some Mozart aria, or occasionally Soliloquoy from Carousel.

30. Favorite Girl’s Name? Emma.

31. Favorite boy’s name? Aaron.

32. What’s in your pocket right now? A tissue.

33. Last thing that made you laugh? Reading Lorrie Moore's new book.

34. Best bed sheets as a child? I had some with jungle animals on them.

35. Worst injury you’ve ever had as a child? Probably a fall I took in 1st grade which cut both knees, both elbows and my face.

36. Do you love where you live? I love my apartment and my neighborhood.

37. Revenge of the Nerds or Fast Times at Ridgemont High? Neither. But Diner is ok.

38. Who is your loudest friend? Laugher? Crier? Screamer? I will not say on the grounds that it may incriminate me.

39. How many dogs do you have? None. My life doesn't permit it. Neither does my apartment bulilding.

40. Does someone have a crush on you? No idea.

41. What is your favorite book? There are too many - see my side bar. Hopeful Monsters, The Gold Bug Variations, For Kings and Planets, The Chosen, Crime and Punishment..... are my usual answers.

42. What is your favorite candy? I don't really like candy but if pressed, very dark chocolate.

43. Favorite Sports Team? I don't see the point of watching team sports, but tennis is ok.

44. What song do you want played at your funeral? I haven't planned that far in advance.

2 comments:

Smriti said...

Interesting! *rubs hands like an evil cartoon character*
The satin sheets answer cracked me up the most! :D

Matt said...

Great answers! Actually Vitamin Water now reminds me of Kool Aid. Disgusting.

LOL to "how old is the person writing this?" :)